1. BEAT 1 egg in large bowl. Add Zatarain’s Crab Cake Mix and 2/3 cup mayonnaise; mix until well blended. Add 1 pound fresh crab meat; toss gently until well mixed.
2. SHAPE mixture into 8 patties. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
3. HEAT 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet on medium heat. Add 4 crab cakes; fry about 4 minutes per side until golden brown and cooked through (internal temperature of 165°F) Repeat with remaining crab cakes, adding additional 1 tablespoon oil as needed. Makes 8 crab cakes.
1. Drained canned crabmeat, chopped cooked shrimp or imitation crabmeat may be substituted for the fresh crabmeat.
2. Add 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion or bell pepper to crab mixture.
This blend of ingredients makes your homemade crab cakes taste like you’re at one of the legendary New Orleans restaurants
Easy to make and simply delicious. Just add one pound of fresh crab meat.
For extra flavor, add a teaspoon of Zatarain’s Concentrated Shrimp and Crab Liquid Boil.